Boiled egg diet plan can be beneficial if taken properly for around two-weeks, but the imbalance can cause some disadvantages. First, often egg diet plan is mistakenly understood as having eggs in every meal or concentrating only on eggs. But that’s not the case. It’s a high protein plan however, you still need carbohydrates for which you can take dairy products, fruits and vegetables.
Its advantages and disadvantages clearly depend on what you want to achieve from it. It can be either for weight loose, cholesterol control (by using only white) or for various other reasons. Detailed description is given below.
- Weight Loss
- Eggs are in low calories and at the same time can provide high proteins needed for muscles energy. If taken along with carbohydrates, it can assist in weight loss as the amount calories taken will reduce significantly.
- Cholesterol Control
- If you are having high cholesterol levels, you must reduce your saturated fat consumption. But at the same time, you need proteins. Harvard Medical School in an article discusses the relation between eggs and cholesterol control and advises that taking egg white can reduce cholesterol level as eggs contains high proteins with low carbohydrates.
- Improve Eye Health
- Vitamin A is required by your eyes’ retinas to absorb light. It is also used by a protein that protects the shielding membranes around cornea, which prevents you from night blindness. An average male requires 900 micrograms and female required 700 micrograms of vitamin A and a boiled egg contains approximately 75 micrograms.
- Strengthen Bones
- Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium which is central to the growth of your bones and teeth. Taking a single hardboiled egg can give you 45 international units of vitamin D which is enough to keep the amount of calcium balanced.
- Improve Sleep Time
- Hard-boiled eggs produce melatonin that helps in sleep. Also, they are rich in tryptophan which help brain to keep the sleep circles accurate.
- Reduce Stress Levels
- One more thing in which boiled eggs are rich is choline. Your mind needs choline to generate acetylcholine, a neurological transmitter that signals your brain to change mood to lower stress levels.
- It might seem puzzling, but eggs can actually increase cholesterol levels if not taken in right amount. A large egg, along its yolk, contains around 190 milligrams of cholesterols. The amount of cholesterol advised by nutritionists is only 300 milligrams. So even if you take just one egg a day, you have covered more than half of the amount of your cholesterols. Again, egg white does not contain the same amount of cholesterols and is far safer.
- Researches done till 2015 suggests that there is a direct link between eating eggs can worsen your diabetics if you are currently patient of diabetes. But in 2015, this belief was opposed, and the idea was presented that both are independent of each other. Still more research is needed, but till then, you should consult your doctor for further guidance.
- Heart Disease
- A single egg contains 5 grams of fat which includes 2 grams of saturated fat. Just three eggs can give you 6 gram of saturated fat while the suggested level of saturated fat is 7 grams. This extra fat is not beneficial for heart fitness and can cause cardiovascular diseases.
- Food-borne illness
- Some eggs may contain Salmonella; a bacterium that can cause fever and diarrhea. But the chances are very low in hard-boiled egg as due to high temperature it gets killed. Still as safety measures, place eggs in refrigerator or some cool place.
Excess or lack of anything can cause problems. Same goes for nutrition, and in this case eggs. If you know about yourself, then you can decide better that either you should take a white or yolk, hard boiled or fried or whatever. It all depends on if you have the right information and know what you want to achieve. Taking boiled-egg diet plan can assist you in the things that are mentioned but for more in depth analysis or suggestion, you should better consult a doctor or a nutritionist.